- According to the Israeli Trademark Ordinance, there are two forms of marks: Textual and figurative (logo).
- The trademark classification is according to Nice Classification.
Mark Filing and Prosecution
- Filing a trademark application is carried out at the Trademark department of the Israeli Patent Authority in Jerusalem.
- After the filing, the application is examined for formal correctness.
- Assuming no formal defects found, the application enters into the examination queue, which currently takes about 15 months.
- Assuming no essential defects found, a trademark Notice of Allowance is published and the public is entitled to file an objection within 3 months from the publication date.
- If no objection is filed, the trademark is granted, and the applicant may use the (R) and (TM) signs with his registered Israeli trademark.
Maintaining a registered trademark in force
- Before 10 years from the filing date, the applicant has to pay maintenance fee for the next 10 years.
Accelerating an examination
- An applicant can accelerate a trademark examination by providing appropriate reasoning and paying a fee thereof.
- Upon accepting the reasoning, the examination skips the queue, and the mark is instantly examined.
Searching for registered trademarks
One can apply to the Israeli Trademark Commissioner for requesting a profound search of trademarks. The profound search requires paying a fee thereof.
Disclaimer: The information on this web site is general and cannot take the place of professional advice given with full knowledge of the specific circumstances of each case following consideration of the relevant facts and laws. Furthermore, for the sake of clarity, some details have been omitted or partially specified.